Whether at a festive party or celebrating Christmas in your home, you can be sure that wine will be spilt on carpets or tablecloths!
Whilst quality professi0nal carpet cleaning is recommended to remove most stubborn stains safely, if you act quickly enough, you have a chance of effective and complete removal.
Red wine is one of the most common stains at this time of year. Here is how to remove any trace: (if you act quickly!)
Removing a Fresh Stain
Wet stains are much easier to remove.
You will need:
1. Begin by blotting (don’t scrub!) the stain with a clean cloth to remove as much of the stain as possible.
2. Then add some white wine to a different clean cloth and continue blotting the stain.
3. Make a thick paste of baking powder and water and spread a layer over the remaining stain – Leave for 5 mins.
4. Simply hoover up the baking powder and the stain will have completely disappeared!
* Dry or set stains may require professional carpet cleaning. Do not use any shop bought products as many can be harmful to carpets. If you need any advice on products, please feel free to give us a call.